2018 Ferris 400S 5901704 - 48" 23HP Briggs & Stratton®
Call for Price
Best In Class Speed, Toughness And Limited Warranty
The Ferris® 400S zero turn mower is the best of both worlds. On a compact, entry level body the 400S is able to navigate tight areas without sacrificing commercial grade attributes. A large fuel capacity, hefty drive tires for added traction and a dual drive system sets the 400S far above the competition.
- Available with either a Briggs & Stratton® Commercial Series or Kawasaki® FR series engine.*
- Equipped with a 10-gauge 48" mowing deck the 400S is built to last.
- Featuring superior comfort the 400S' large coil-over independent progressive rate shocks offer day-long operator comfort.
- Mow faster and mow confidently with the dual Hydro-gear® ZT-2800® transaxles that provide reliability and durability.
- Compatible with a number of attachments like a bagging system or a tow/hitch kit.
- Commercial Grade Power: Briggs & Stratton® Commercial Series engines are built with the ultimate in dust and particle filtration, an advanced debris management system and beefed-up cylinder block structure
- Patented Suspension: The 400S comes equipped with independent rear coil-over shocks (shown) meaning less concern for uneven ground, and more focus on getting work done.
- Thoughtful Styling: Flanking the operator seat you will notice a conveniently integrated cup holder and an easy to read fuel gauge for the generous 5.5 gallon fuel tank.
- Fabricated Bumper: The fabricated steel / tubular bumper protects the 400S's engine while giving easier access for service, and accepts a variety of attachments like a bagging or tow/hitch system.
- Ride-On Mower Warranties†: Coil-over-shocks and all suspension-related components are covered for 4 years (48 months) unlimited hours. We are committed to providing performance, productivity and durability.
- Hydro-gear® ZT-2800®: The dual Hydro-gear® ZT-2800® transaxles deliver speeds up to 8 mph and feature an external oil filter for easier maintenance, so you can spend more time getting work done.
- Engine Brand: Briggs & Stratton® Commercial Series
- Displacement (cc): 724
- Cylinders: 2
- Fuel Tank Capacity (gal): 5.5
- Cutting Height (in): 1.5 - 4.5
- Deck Construction: 10-guage fabricated
- Transmission: Dual Hydro-Gear® ZT-2800® transaxles with 7" cooling fans
- Caster Tires (in): 11 X 4-5 pneumatic
- Ground Speed-Fwd (mph): 0-8
- Overall Length (in): 80
- Dry Weight (lbs): 753
- Warranty (Engine) †: 3-Year Manufacturer's Limited Warranty (36 month)
- Controls / Safety Group: Adustable twin fold out 1" tubular steering levers with comfort grip
- Engine Power Rating *: 23 gross hp
- PTO: Electtric
- Starter: Electric
- Cutting Width (in): 48
- Spindles: Aluminum
- Suspension: Front and rear adjustable dual coil-over shocks
- Drive Axles (in): 1.125
- Drive Tires (in): 20 X 10-10
- Ground Speed-Rev (mph): 0-4
- Overall Width (in) Deflector Down/Deflector Up: 62.5/59.5
- Seat Package: Mid-back seat with arm rests
- Parking Brake / Safety Circuit: Internal transaxles
- Warranty (Balance of Machine) †: 4-Year Limited Warranty (48 months) or 500 hours, whichever occurs first.
- Warranty Consumer Engine Info: 3-Year Manufacturer's Limited Warranty (36 month)
- Engine Manufacturer
- Briggs & Stratton®
- Horse Power
- 23 hp
- Engine Type
- Commercial Series
- Dual Hydro-Gear® ZT-2800® transaxles with 7 in. cooling fans
- Wheel Size
- 20 x 10-10 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.5 gal.
- Deck Size
- 48 in.